Some pasta dishes are really easy to make, this one I made today is an example. Arrabbiata, literally means “angry” in Italian, it got its name because this sauce contains chilli powder so it’s very hot. It’s probably one of the simplest pasta dishes to cook, easier than pasta with basic tomato sauce. You only need garlic and tomatoes as the basic ingredients, and of course, the hot chilli powder as well. So cook one for yourself, and enjoy it in the bright sunshine. Maybe the chilli will ignite your passion; whatever it is. ;-)
Kitchen Gadgets: Frying Pan and Pot
- 100g penne pasta
- 2 ripe tomatoes
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 to 1 tsp chilli powder (depending in personal taste)
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 stalk of cilantro to garnish
- Remove the skin from the tomatoes and dice. Crush the garlic.
- Cook the pasta for 11 minutes.
- While boiling the pasta, heat a stainless steel pan for 1 minute, then add 1 tbsp olive oil, add the tomatoes and garlic, cook for 10 minutes. Add the chilli powder and mix well.
- Put the pasta on a plate, then add the sauce. Season with nutritional yeast, sea salt and black pepper. Garnish with cilantro.