In my opinion, broccoli is the king of the vegetables. It’s really hard for me to imagine there are people hating it. Broccoli looks so beautiful with its nicely bloomd florets and deep green color. But the beauty doesn’t stop at the surface, because broccoli has such an excellent nutrition profile, being a great source of multiple vitamines and minerals, making it a strong anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant and detox agent, also helps to protect our heart and to prevent cancer.
The best way to eat broccoli is either steam it or eat it raw. Even though I like broccoli, I don’t eat it raw often. It has a strong flavor that I haven’t gotten used to. :( If you choose to eat it raw, remember to chew it throughouly, which helps acitivate the enzyme in it. What I often do is to lightly steam it for 3 minutes, then let it cool a bit and add it to salad. It’s easier on palate and still retains a lot of its nutrients, and the color looks great. I can eat 1 big head of broccoli in one meal!
Health Index: 5/5 (everyday food, highly recommended)
Kitchen Gadgets: Pot
1 big head of broccoli
¼ yellow bell pepper
1 green pepper
½ red pepper
15 cherry tomatoes
100 three color spiral pasta
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp white wine vinegar
1 tsp dill
1 clove, crushed
1 tsp sea salt
freshly grounded black pepper to taste
1. Cut broccoli to small florets, shred the peppers, slice the tomatoes.
2. Boil pasta for 10 mins, set aside to cool.
3. Steam broccoli for 3 minutes, set aside to cool.
4. Add all the vegetables and pasta together, toss to mix well.
5. Mix olive oil, vinegar, dill, crushed clove, and salt together, evenly sprinkle over the salad and toss to mix well. Add freshly grounded black pepper. Serve!